Thursday, January 8, 2009

Romans 8 - a Sense of Belonging

Romans 8 is truly a treasure chest for the believer. He (the Lord) brought me back to it two nights ago. I'm not very good at remembering the references to verses that I love, so when He gives me a verse reference, I usually am surprised and blessed.

This happened to me two nights ago with Romans 8. The assignment that night was Psalm 119, Psalm 34, Romans 8, and John 8. John 8 is a whole other bag of goodies, as are the others. Right now I just want to talk about this one verse in Romans 8 that blessed my socks off. It's one He's given me before, one to hold onto and really embrace, and apparently He felt the need to bring me back to it. But I want to give the verses around it too, to really capture the context:

14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
16 The spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heris with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him.

Verse 15 was the verse. Do you see the sense of belonging that He wants to give us?

No comments:

Post a Comment