Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Marriage in Bloom

My sweet husband sent me three dozen roses on Friday for Valentine's Day. Thirty six tight blood-red buds. They were lovely. They're even prettier five days later, in full bloom.



We've seen twelve years come and go since we said our vows, and those years were filled with life. Beautiful, difficult, often mundane life that's complete because we're walking side-by-side through it. Like those tight rosebuds, when we first got married, things were exciting and new. But with each passing year, I can honestly say that life with my husband keeps getting better, like a rose slowly unfolding to reveal its full splendor through the course of a lifetime.

Thank you for sharing your life with me, Doug. I love you. And thank You, Lord, for an amazing husband who has given me a better understanding of Christ's love for his bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment