Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stained Glass Jesus

I love stained glass. It ranks right up there with snowflakes. So when I got a new camera last year, I decided to play with it in my church's sanctuary. I've just now gotten around to tinkering with the photographs. I'll probably post a few more in the coming days.

This first picture is of Jesus after the resurrection, meeting up with some of His disciples on the road to Emmaus.
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. - Luke 24:27
 

I love the pierced hands and feet.

The menorah may seem like an odd choice to add to this post, considering the title, but I assure you it is not. The temple menorah was often referred to as the "light of the world." Indeed, the three lamps on either side pointed inward to the center lamp, called the chumash, or servant lamp. And the chumash pointed to the Holy of Holies. It is very much a symbol of the Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment