Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grace of God

After a discussion today that took me back to my memories of college, I am reminded of three words:

Grace of God.

Many times the things I saw as hindrances, He put in my way as a hedge to protect me.

The roommate the university assigned to me who turned into my closest girlfriend. The class that was too full. The guy who broke my heart. The horrible accident that I wasn't in because of an argument. The church God plugged me into. The best friend who turned into the greatest husband on earth...the list goes on and on.

Joys and disappointments that all turned out to be blessings. Some were obvious from the beginning, while others took a while for me to appreciate. I look back on the accumulation of them, and I see that He truly has caused all things to work together for my good.

Now, if I can keep that perspective going forward...

2 comments:

  1. Great post, great reminders. God works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Such a marvelous sense of peace and comfort in that thought. Praise Him for His mercy and His grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 8:28 indeed. It's especially difficult to live in this, though, when we're in a wilderness season. Sometimes we just don't have the perspective to 'get it.' I think maybe the Lord allows this to foster our dependence on Him, to draw us closer...

    ReplyDelete